Nicole Davis, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Practice, Animal Science Food and Nutrition
Office Phone: 618 | 453-7516
Building Location: Quigley Hall, Room 207-C
- Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Education Technology
- Online Learning
- Heritage and Food Tourism
- Food Media
- Destination Management and Marketing
- Event Management
- HTA 250 - Introduction to Professional Event Coordination
- HTA 255 - Trade Show Management
- HTA 302 - Dimensions of Tourism
- HTA 350 - Event Entertainment and Production
- HTA 351 - Destination Management
- HTA 355 - Sports Event Management
- HTA 400 - Senior Seminar
- HTA 435 - Hospitality Marketing Management
- HTA 445 - Sustainable Tourism Planning and Development
- HTA 450 - Event Marketing and Sponsorship
- HTA 455 - Event Risk Management and Safety
- HTA 465 - Convention Management and Services
- PhD, Education, Southern Illinois University (2009)
- MS, Workforce Education and Development, Southern Illinois University (2003)
- BS, Marketing, Southern Illinois University (1996)
Recent Publications and Awards
- Davis, N.L. (2017, June). Careers in Travel and Tourism. The SAGE International Encyclopedia of
Travel and Tourism. SAGE Publications, Inc
- Davis, N.L. (2017, June). International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators (ISTTE)
(organization profile). The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Travel and Tourism. SAGE Publications, Inc
- Davis, N.L. (2016, September). Anatomy of a flipped classroom. Journal of Teaching in Travel &
Tourism, 16(3), 228-232.
- Davis, N.L. (2014, September). Destination Marketing Insights: How to boost performance, increase
customers, and maximize market share. Book Review. Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism, 14 (3), 301-303.
- President, International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators
- Outstanding Teacher, Non-Tenure Track, College of Agricultural Sciences, 2011 Davis, N. L., Smith, S. (2011, October). Comparing student learning styles in traditional, blended, and online learning environments. Proceedings of the 2011 International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators Annual Conference, Miami, FL.
- Davis, N. L., Rhodes, S. and Smith, S. (2011, March). Comparing Traditional, Blended, and Online
- Learning in Tourism. Proceedings of the 2011 Sloan-C Blended Learning Conference and Workshop, Oak Brook, IL.
- Smith, S., Davis, N. L., and Pike, J. (2010) Rural Tourism Development: A Case Study of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail in Southern Illinois. Journal of Extension. Journal of Extension, 48(5) https://joe.org/joe/2010october/rb4.php
- Davis, N. L. (2009, October). Factors Influencing Career Choice Among Tourism Administration Students. Proceedings of the 2009 International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators, San Antonio, TX.