Ruth Hambleton, M.S.
Instructor, Agribusiness Economics
Office Phone: 618 | 453-2421
Building Location: Agriculture Building, Room 223-B
Retired from University of Illinois Extension in 2009 after serving 30 years as Farm Business Management and Marketing Educator for 38 counties in Southern Illinois. Active in Illinois Agri Women and Founder of the nationwide education program Annie’s Project—Education for Farm Women.
- Farm Management
- Risk Management
- Farm Business Transition
- Commodity Marketing
- ABE 350 Farm Management
- ABE 450 ABE Advanced Farm Management
- Certified Financial Planning Professional Education Program: Denver CO 1995
- M.S. Agricultural Industries (Economics), Southern IL University-Carbondale, 1977
- B.S. Animal Industries, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, 1975
Recent Publications and Awards
- Managing for Today and Tomorrow; Succession, Retirement, Business and Estate Planning for Farm Women. 2nd Level Annie’s Project—Education for Farm Women curriculum.
- Charitable distribution 1st Farm Credit Donor Advised Fund through the IAA Foundation; April 2012.
- White House Rural Council, Champions for Change; July 2011
- Friend of Ewing Field 2009 award.
- Special recognition as founder of Annie’s Project from Risk Management Education Centers, Oklahoma City Risk Management Conference 2008.