Charles Ruffner, Ph.D.
Aerial Photo Interpretation, GPS and topographic surveying, Forest Watershed and Agricultural Assessments, Land-use History and Land Tenure Issues, Karez-Irrigation Rehabilitation, Dendrochronology and Fire Scar Analysis, Fire Ecology and Prescribed Burning Operations
International forestry and agricultural development, mapping, cartography, surveying and land tenure relations, erosion control and ground-truthing remotely sensed data, ecological restoration, prescribed burning applications, climate-vegetation interactions, karez improvement and water delivery systems
- FOR 100 Introduction to Forestry
- FOR 315 Fire in Wildland Management
- FOR 351 Forest Measurements
- FOR 415 Prescribed Burn Planning
- FOR 494 Natural Resources of Ireland
- FOR 508 Historical Ecology
- FOR 531 Disturbance Ecology
- Forest Resource Summer Camp
Descriptions are available for each of these classes in the course listing for Forestry.
- Pennsylvania State University [Ph.D. 1999]
- Pennsylvania State University [MS & BS 1995]
- US Army Field Artillery Surveyor [1986-1994]
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Global War on Terror Medal for Civilians OEF 2012-2013
- NATO Medal w ISAF bar OEF 2012-2013
- Mississippi Distinguished Civilian Service Medal 2013
- Governor Appointment-Illinois Nature Preserves Commission Member 2014-present
- Seven Seals Award- nominated by the Illinois National Guard Bureau, awarded by the Department of Defense:
For Meritorious leadership and initiative in the training and readiness of the men and women of the Guard and Reserve Forces of the United States. Dec 11, 2011.