Brian Klubek, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor, Plant Soil and Agricultural Systems
Research interests include the soybean – Bradyrhizobium japonicum association and biological nitrogen fixation, nitrification and denitrification activity in soil, biological sulfur oxidation in soil, microbial coal desulfurization, and pesticide decomposition/movement in soil.
Soil microbiology and biochemistry, microbial ecology, nutrient cycling in soil.
- CSEM 240 Introductory Soil Science
- CSEM/PSAS 441 Soil Morphology and Taxonomy
- CSEM/PSAS 442 Soil Physics
- CSEM/MICR/PSAS 454 Soil Microbiology
- B.S. 1971. Major: Microbiology. Minor: Chemistry. Colorado State University
- M.S. 1974. Major: Microbiology. Minor: Biochemistry. Oregon State University
- PhD. 1977. Major: Microbial Ecology. Minor: Soil Science. Utah State University
Recent Publications and Awards
- 2011 Outstanding Scholar Award, College of Agricultural Sciences