Plant and Soil Science/ Horticulture
Students specializing in Plant and Soil Science / Horticulture have access to quality informational, technological, laboratorical and real-world resources.
They receive hands-on experience and work in multi-purpose agricultural research and education laboratories at SIUC.
- The Agronomy Research Center
- Ag Tech Lab
- Seed lab
- Horticulture Research Center
- University Farms, a 2,000 acre farm system operated by the College
- Extensive apple and peach orchards, research and demonstration vineyard and dedicated areas for turf grass activities
- State-of-the-art greenhouses for teaching and research
- Outdoor teaching laboratory at SIUC, with many native and non-native plant species available to study.
- Sustainability Center
- Composting Center
- State-of-the-art instructional and multimedia presentation facilities
- Access to top-of-the-line facilities offered by other departments in the College of Agricultural Sciences