There is a high demand for graduates specializing in Agricultural Systems Technology Management as the combination of technology and technology management skills are very much the need of the hour. Graduates command excellent salaries: among the highest in fact, in the College of Agricultural Sciences.
Employers and career opportunities are varied, but very promising. For example, graduates could start work at John Deere, ADM (Archer Daniels Midland Company) or other major companies; or start a rewarding career with a governmental agency, such as the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Students are armed with the skills needed for managerial advancement as they enter exciting fields and face challenging careers.
Job titles include:
- Research and development technicians
- Service technician educators
- Regional or district representatives for major machinery companies
- Plant supervisor
- Production line supervisor
- Grain elevator and terminal manager
- Bottling line manager
- Food packaging supervisor
- Marketing and sales positions for various agricultural products