Missions and Objectives
The mission of the Illinois Soybean Center [ISC] is fourfold:
- Enhance soybean production in Illinois and the North Central region
- Increase soybean utilization by national and global communities
- Contribute to the base of scientific knowledge about soy
- Educate human capital in all areas related to soy
To accomplish this mission, the ISC has identified a number of objectives that are fundamental for continued success. These include:
- Conduct research on soybean that increases basic knowledge and contributes to practical solutions of stakeholder problems.
- Develop new soybean cultivars and germplasm that enhance production and value.
- Facilitate technology transfer of research outcomes to growers, to the soybean industry, and to consumers.
- Establish consortia with public and private organizations to enhance research, teaching and outreach for mutual benefit.
- Encourage multi-disciplinary research and improve external funding opportunities.