Dwight Sanders, Ph.D.
Professor, Agribusiness Economics
Office Phone: 618 | 453-1711
Building Location: Agriculture Building, Room 226-E
Dwight Sanders is a Professor in Agribusiness Economics. His industry experience includes production agriculture (cow-calf operation), commodity futures brokerage, as well as key positions with The Pillsbury Company and Darden Restaurants, Inc.
Forecasting; forecast evaluation; risk management; hedging; futures and options markets; speculative impacts on commodity prices; development of new futures contracts; analysis of new markets for agricultural products.
- ABE 360: Agribusiness Management and Organization
- ABE 363: Commodity Price Risk Management
- ABE 460: Agicultural Price Analysis and Forecasting
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995.
- M.S. in Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995.
- B.S. in Economics, Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri, 1991
Recent Publications and Awards
- Sanders, D.R. and S.H. Irwin. "A Reappraisal of Investing in Commodity Futures Markets." Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy. 34(2012):515-530.
- Irwin, S.H. and D.R. Sanders. "Financialization and Structural Change in Commodity Futures Markets." Agricultural and Applied Economics. 44(2012):371-396.
- Sanders, D.R., I. Altman, and G.A. Apgar. "Determinants of Profitability in Niche Swine Production." Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers. 75(2012): 68-79.
- Irwin, S.H., and D.R. Sanders. "Testing the 'Masters Hypothesis' in Commodity Futures Markets." Energy Economics. 34(2012):256-269.
- Sanders, D.R. and S.H. Irwin. "New Evidence on the Impact of Index Funds in U.S. Grain Futures Markets." Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 59(2011):519-532.
- Sanders, D.R. and S.H. Irwin. "The Impact of Index Funds in Commodity Futures Markets: A Systems Approach." Journal of Alternative Investments. 14(2011):40-49.