Wanki Moon, Ph.D.
Professor, Agribusiness Economics
Office Phone: 618 | 453-6741
Building Location: Agriculture Building, Room 223-B
Wanki Moon has a Ph.D in Agricultural Economics from the University of Florida. His research interests include global governance of agricultural trade, WTO trade rules, the global food system, political economy of agricultural trade negotiations, and multifunctionality of agriculture as a paradigm shaping a new order of global agriculture.
Specialty and Interests
Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Policies, Global Governance of Agricultural Trade, Multifunctionality of Agriculture, Consumer Economics, Agricultural Biotechnology
- ABE 463: Managerial Strategies for Agribusiness
- ABE 500a: Research Methodology I (Social Science Research Methodology)
- ABE 500b: Research Methodology II (Introduction to Econometrics)
- ABE 551: Resource Allocation in Agribusiness
- UHON351: The Global Food Economy
- Ph.D., 1995 Dept of Food and Resource Economics, Univ. of Florida Gainesville, FL
- M.S., 1989 Dept of Agricultural Economics, SungKyunKwan Univ, Korea.
- B.S., 1987 Dept of Agricultural Economics, SungKyunKwan Univ, Korea
Recent Publications and Awards
- Moon, W. and J. Lee. 2012. Economic Development, Agricultural Growth, and Labor Productivity in Asia. Journal of Comparative Asian Development (forthcoming).
- Chang, J., W. Moon, S. Balasubramanian. 2012. Consumer Valuation of Health Attributes in Soy-Based Food: A Choice Modeling Approach. Food Policy 37 (3) 335-342.
- Rimal, A., W. Moon, S. Balasubramanian, and D. Miljkovic. 2011. Self-efficacy as a mediator between dietary knowledge and health behaviors. Journal of Food Distribution Research. 42 (3): 28-42.
- Moon, W. 2011. Is Agriculture Compatible with Free Trade? Ecological Economics 71: 13-24.
- Moon, W., S.K. Balasubramanian and A. Rimal. 2011. Health Claims and Consumers' Behavioral Intentions: The Case of Soy Based Food. Food Policy. 36 (4): 480-489.
- Moon, W. and J. W. Griffith. 2011. Assessing Holistic Economic Value of Multifunctional Agriculture in the U.S. Food Policy 36 (4): 455-465.
- Moon, W., W. W. Koo, C. Kim. 2011. New Global Governance for Climate Change, Sustainability, Food Security, and Trade. Journal of Rural Development 34 (2): 45-73.
- Altman, I. T. Johnson, and W. Moon. 2010. Organizational Preferences and Producer Characteristics in Biomass Supply Chains. Journal of Agribusiness 28 (2): 151-162.
- Moon, W. 2010. Multifunctional Agriculture, Protectionism, and Prospect of Trade Liberalization. Journal of Rural Development 33: 29-61.
- Han, Junghee, and W. Moon. 2009. Assessing Public Attitudes Toward the Multifunctional Roles of the U.S. Agriculture Using Bivariate Ordered Probit Model. Korean Journal of Organic Agriculture, 17: 413-439
- Moon, W. 2009. Assessing the Role of Health Concerns in Determining Meat Consumption Pattern in the U.S. Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics. 40: 43-64.
- Moon, W. 2009. Behavioral Intentions Toward Genetically Modified Food in the U.K. Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy. 36: 352-370.
- Moon, W., T. Kuethe, S. E. Kraft, and J. D. Esseks. 2009. Registered Voters’ Preference on the Multifuntionality of the U.S. Agriculture. Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy. 36: 1-34.