HTA Mission Statement
The mission of the Hospitality and Tourism Administration undergraduate program is to provide educational, research, and service activities with the goal of enabling students, as well as industry and community professionals, to function in an ever-changing environment. The program integrates many disciplines that address ongoing concerns and needs of the hospitality and tourism industry.
The mission is accomplished through teaching a combination of relevant hospitality theory and practical solution-based examples using appropriate current technology. The purpose is to develop industry professionals able to contribute, through employment and entrepreneurship, to the economic growth of the hospitality and tourism industry.
HTA Program Learning Outcomes:
- Address issues critically and reflectively.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written manners.
- Retrieve, organize, create, and analyze information using current industry technology to solve real world issues.
- Interpret financial data to make managerial decisions.
- Discuss the legal environment of the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Apply interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, industry, and community leaders.
- Analyze the impact of tourism on the global society.
- Demonstrate social, ethical, and environmental values.
- Possess a global perspective and be aware of diverse cultures and backgrounds.